Throughout Nepal, women are organizing to pursue healthy and sustainable livelihoods, cultivate leadership and political opportunities, improve family health and literacy, ensure personal safety, expand and protect their rights, and develop safe places where they can discuss other challenges in their daily lives.
We support women’s organizations throughout the country and can place volunteers in diverse settings where you might participate in the following activities:
- help organize or conduct literacy classes
- train literary facilitators
- provide leadership training
- help organize or conduct trainings in community development, savings and credit, income generation.
- teach specific skills in organic farming, candle-making, pickle-making, sewing, knitting.
- teach basic English skills
Whatever your level of expertise, your efforts can make a big difference to women in marginalized communities.